Sex Offender Registry

Useful Links

  • Limestone County OffenderWatch®

  • Alabama Offender Search

  • National Sex Offender Registry

  • Alabama Sex Offender Law
    (Must click "Title 15," then "Chapter 20A.")
  • Frequently Asked Questions Regarding Sex Offenders: Q. Where can I read the current Sex Offender law? A. Click here. Click on Title 15 and then click on Chapter 20A. These will be the most current Alabama laws regarding convicted sex offenders. Q. How can I find out if a person is a convicted sex offender? A. Our office is pleased to provide OffenderWatch® for the citizens of Limestone County. OffenderWatch® is the nation's leading registered sex offender management and community notification tool with hundreds of leading agencies in dozens of states utilizing it. Limestone County's law enforcement utilizes OffenderWatch® to manage and monitor the whereabouts, conduct and compliance status of the registered offenders in Limestone County. OffenderWatch® provides the most accurate and timely information available, and now this information is available to you! OffenderWatch® is updated instantaneously throughout the day as offender addresses and other offender information is updated in our office. You may enter any address in the county and see real-time information on the publishable offenders within the specified radius of the address you enter. Click here to access the Limestone County OffenderWatch®. OffenderWatch® is also available on our Facebook page. Some additional useful sites are the Alabama Law Enforcement Agency's web site and the National Sex Offender Registry . Q. Can a sex offender live with a minor or have contact with a minor? A. The law only covers residency and employment restrictions upon a convicted sex offender. As a general rule, sex offenders may not live with a minor. There are certain exceptions. An offender can live with a minor child as long as the offender is a parent, step-parent, or grandparent and as long as the offender’s victim was not a child under his/her care or supervision at the time of the offense. If the offender’s victim was a child under the age of 12, he/she cannot live with a minor, nor loiter in areas where children congregate. Q. How do I report someone who is living too close to a school, daycare, or who is not at the address displayed on the web? A. Contact Investigator Steve Croley by email or by phone (256)216-5019. Q. Why is a particular offender who was convicted of a sex crime not listed on a website? A. If the offense was for Indecent Exposure or Sexual Misconduct, the offender will not appear on our site. Only those offenses listed in the Community Notification Act §15-20A-5 are posted to the website. Also, if the offender was given a juvenile or youth offender status, he/she is not posted. If the person was convicted out of state, in a federal court, or on an Indian Reservation, the individual will not be posted to the web site until completion of a due process hearing in some cases. Q. If a convicted sex offender is residing in my neighborhood, why was I not notified? A. There may be several reasons for this. If the person was convicted prior to May 1996, the offender is not subject to notification unless there is a change of residence. Also, if convicted out-of-state, they are not subject until after a due process hearing is completed in some cases. Or, the offender may have been residing in the neighborhood before you moved into the community and there are no on-going notifications. Q. May an offender pick up or drop off their children at a school or daycare or frequent ballgames or student activities? A. Yes, as long as the offender does not exceed the time necessary to complete the intended task. If the offender was convicted of an offense upon a child under the age of 12, he/she cannot loiter on or within 500 feet of a school, child care facility, playground, park, athletic field, or any other business having a principal purpose of caring for, educating, or entertaining minors.